Thursday 24 July 2008

Borders and Juliette

Borders knitting group last night which was great fun! it is great to have a Stitch n Bitch every week - within walking distance of my new job! How cool is that!

Started Juliette (see Ravelry...) using Brown Sheep Cotton fleece (double) in PURPLE of course. It is looking great. Had to rip back the row before the lace which involved a lot of k1f,b,f&b in same stitch which with yarn double is a b*tch! Anyway, this was because I didn't check how many stitches I had after knitting on after the sleeves - that'll learn me!

Joined Hat Attack and Ravelympics on Ravelry. For Ravelympics I am going to make the bias knit cardigan from Issue 6 of 'Let's Knit' Magazine - using up a whole load of green(ish) yarns from the yarn cupboard of doom... Erinrae invited me to the Innocent Smoothie hats group so will do some of those as well. Perhaps had better send off the hats already made for Save the Children or whatever it was (!).

On the home front - son number 1 may have a job! hurrah! great news. Son number 2 says he has better things to do that get a job so no cake for him! Decorating must start soon as only have until September to do all these tasks before the big birthday party and the MSc.

Anyway - bluesman will be waiting for me, loitering in the town centre with intent so better go.

No comments: