Saturday 8 November 2008

Freaky Friday

I know, it's Saturday. Yesterday - walked to work in boots and got two humungous blisters one on the underside of each heel so rendering it impossible to walk properly. Soooo painful!!! Cried when I got home (wore same boots for same walk the previous week - no blisters: how??) . At lunch time I ate mouldy salad by accident. Was eating whilst working at computer, didn't look at the salad before I ate it - horrible. Stupidly I decided to leave the remains of Thursday's salad in the office for Friday, completely forgetting that the office is very warm...

I am presently arranging a conference in Prague on 25th November (getting closer - eek!) for about 75 people, nearly 50 of whom I have to arrange the flights etc from various parts of Eastern Europe. It was all going fairly swimmingly but then found a couple of cock ups and people started wanting to change their flights - aaaaarrrrrrghhhh!!!!! Left work in order to prevent self from throwing computer out of window. Went to FOPP instead and bought a few DVDs - The Night Porter, Bagpuss, The Missionary, Hound of the Baskervilles (Basil Rathbone). Also another which is a bit sad (not as in weepie...) and so I won't admit here to what it was :). Watched the sad one when got home, with wine and feet off floor - ouch! Felt better.

Teens came in, no luck on job front as yet, teen 1 now looking for Modern Apprenticeship. Teen 2, not actually living here at present (long story) and lost temper with me this morning, called me a f***ing tw*t, among other things, smashed a chair then left. Oh joy. I told you I hate teenagers! Despite this he is actually getting better and going in a more positive direction so just have to ride it out I suppose.

Knitting wise - knitting two sets of socks (magic loop), one 4 ply, toe-up, lace, on Addi Turbo circs and one 6 ply, top down, plain (knitting-on-the-bus-socks) on Knitpicks circs. Now I love knit picks but the Addi turbos win the magic loop test hands down for me, much smoother. Also started big cabled cardigan in purple Debbie Bliss cashmerino aran which is lush. Got various balls of yarn from GK last weekend for hats/gloves Christmas presents, and just ordered a kit from Fyberspates for the 'Delicate Snowflake' jacket in Simply Knitting issue 48 - this is for my niece for next year. As an aside, I found a website www.allposters.co.uk which has some great knitting posters such as wartime stuff etc. Although there are some bizarre photos of close ups of just a few rows of plain knitting which are about £24 - not quite sure why anyone would...

Lastly, found another website - advertised in Simply Knitting - www.audible.co.uk where you can get an audiobook per month for £7.99; first two months free! I got an ipod for my birthday and lurve the old audio books!

Off to visit my friend on the other side of Bristol on the bus in a minute, curry and wine, yum...

No comments: