Thursday 20 November 2008

Shopping - gah!


Why is it so hard to buy a bra? WHY? Came home feeling like an elephant - very depressing. I hate it that every time I go shopping for any item of clothing I just end up really pissed off. Tried on in the region of 20 bras - 6 at a time cos you can only take that many in at a time so you have to keep getting dressed and going out again. Found one that just about fitted. One. And I don't even like it!




I did buy some purple tights which cheered me up a bit. Then wandered around Cabot Circus shopping centre for a bit. No wool for sale in there...




Nearly there with the Prague conference - actually feeling pretty cool and calm about it, don't want to speak too soon but think it's going to be ok. looking forward to going to Prague but will be glad when I see things come together.




Been doing a lot of thinking, I thought that turning 40 meant I should get on and start acheiving stuff and taking things on but in fact it has become about stepping back and taking stock. I have ended up giving things up and deciding not to do things and that it is ok not to do things and finally am feeling more like I can live with myself as I am - without a high flying job or a PhD or any of those things. I have also shifted in my thinking about parenthood as well - that this is still my main job and that I still have a lot of work to do! I realised a lot of the problems between us and the teens arose from us feeling so backed into a corner that we came really defensive and completely closed off from giving anything positive - and you know that thing about how you attract stuff towards you that reflects the way you are... yeah well! Anyway - things feel much better already. I am sure it won't get easy overnight but I feel positive about being a parent for the first time in... well... 18 months at least! So what if I never have what some might consider a great job or get any more qualifications? I'd rather be knitting anyway :)




On a lighter front - this is the dog getting into Pete's guitar playing:

heh heh heh. Crazy dog. Bet he doesn't sit around worrying about shit all day :)












No comments: