Wednesday 18 February 2009

The Good, The Bad and the Sucky

Just got in, tidied up, washed up...hmm, let's have a nice bath. Good idea. Lalalala nice new coconut and vanilla bath salts; tum te tum nice book; lalala fresh cup of tea (seem to have run out of wine); nice warm fresh towel. Ahhhhhhh lovely ..... but what is that floating in the water she thinks to herself? That would be 3 dead HEADLICE. God I hate boys!!!

This after a day when I have had to have yet another conversation with the police anti-social behaviour unit about son no. 2 and with a Dutch credit company about a debt for 800euros incurred (albeit innocently) by son no. 1.

Sigh.

Anyway - yesterday was much better :) I won 3rd prize in Knitting Magazine's cafetiere cosy competition - woohoo. And then... I emailed Shannon at YF with my jumper design and she loved it! So happy :) happy:) happy :) Then I went to a knitting group in Clevedon with the Museinmeltdown and had a great time, then got my first glimpse of the Spinning Weal shop in Clevedon (O.M.G. I can't wait to see inside). Such a cool day.

Also today the new Henry vacuum arrived - what a cool thing (sorry I know its a bit sad to get excited about this) sucks like mad, dog hair a thing of memory. I did however manage to suck up son no. 1's mobile phone lead and only narrowly missed sucking up the whole phone - what a beast - haha

Better even than that - my Cloth Kits 'Trellick Tower Skirt' kit arrived today - its lovely, and wrapped like a present, with a hand written little note on the invoice thingy. Now all I need is to be able to get to my sewing machine and put it together!! Photos to follow...

Now husband has arrived with a record player that he got off freecycle, it weighs the same as a washing machine and looks rather old and decrepit, but it is what he has wanted for ages apparantly. Ok.

Off to finish Archie's gloves and Toby's second sock - although I should be resting my hands as they are a bit RSI - boo.

3 comments:

erin rae said...

Yay for you, I want pictures of the prize winning cozy please!!
And will you have the skirt done by Sunday??

ra said...

Oooh, do let us know about the spinning weal in Clevedon. I've heard about it but want to know if it's worth a detour whilst working to do a visit sometime.

Shani said...

I so know what you mean about boys... humph...

hugs and congratulations - well deserved my friend...

Shani